Quality Assurance Manager
Who we are?
Al Aseel Food Services is a growing Australian company that operates in the hospitality and retail space. The company supplies Al Aseel Restaurants, alaseel.com.au, (6 locations in 2021) with fresh, cooked, frozen, and dry goods, as well as offers catering services for corporates and individuals.
In addition to the catering and restaurant supply, A Aseel Food Services manufacture and sell products into the retail space under the Mazati brand, mazati.com.au, with rapid growth into new markets like IGA.
Why Work with Al Aseel?
The current focus is building quality teams to help drive the growth and take Al Aseel to the next level, and pioneer the Al Aseel brand to share the delicacy of the Lebanese cuisine and hospitality without borders, with a focus on operational excellence. Join a growing, successful business and be a part of the next stage of our adventure.
Food quality assurance manager is responsible for ensuring food products meet standards set by both Al Aseel Food Services and regulatory authorities. The role will be responsible for inspecting procedures and outputs and identifying non-conformity issues. The goal is to assure the high quality of our operations, services, and products aiming to the long-term success of our business
Your key duties and responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Develop, implement, and maintain GMP and Food Safety programs to all employees.
- Conduct monthly in-house inspections and GMP audits with follow-up to ensure all observations were corrected in a timely manner with little to no carryovers, for both the production areas and storage.
- Implement and maintain food safety systems along with training on FSQA supervisor.
- Conduct calibrations and perform preventive controls monitoring in multiple areas.
- Manage product recalls and withdrawals, as well as conduct traceability procedures during product recall to ensure timely communication and execution of product recalls and completion of related documentations.
- Ensure Al Aseel FS&Q Assurance Policy suffice the efficacy of all legal and licensing requirements under Food Act 2003, and Food Regulation 2015 (NSW).
- Ensure Al Aseel FS&Q aligns with the objectives and regulatory of the Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) Act 1991 legislation, e.g., generating label artwork ensuring it mandate all current labelling legislations & etc.
- Lead auditee, to manage Al Aseel 3rd party auditing bodies.
- Prepare quality and compliance reports for the executive team.
Who you are?
Skillset and Experience
- Proven experience as a quality assurance manager or relevant role.
- Working knowledge of quality systems, food safety programs, GMPs, HACCP, SQF, and Halal.
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards.
- Audit skills in a facility handling fruit, vegetables, meat, chicken, fish, flour, nuts, dairy, frozen and dry goods.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and database.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Great attention to detail and a result driven approach.
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities.
Ambitious: Al Aseel are experiencing tremendous growth; we are looking for someone who wants to grow with us.
Conscientious: Attention to detail is essential in this role.
Considerate: Creating a positive team environment is the backbone of our business; we are looking for a team player.
Dynamic: Be driven, dynamic and able to communicate with multiple levels of stakeholders.
Enthusiastic: We are looking for someone passionate and eager to join the team who have the drive to succeed.
Optimistic: The ability to treat unexpected circumstances as opportunities to learn
If you believe this is the next role for you, then please get in touch with us today with your cover letter and resume. Our Team and Talent will be in touch if you are successful to the next stages of our process.