Chef / Cook
Who we are?
Al Aseel Food Services is a growing Australian company that operates in the hospitality and retail space. The company supplies Al Aseel Restaurants, alaseel.com.au, (6 locations in 2021) with fresh, cooked, frozen, and dry goods, as well as offers catering services for corporates and individuals.
In addition to the catering and restaurant supply, A Aseel Food Services manufacture and sell products into the retail space under the Mazati brand, mazati.com.au, with rapid growth into new markets like IGA.
Why Work with Al Aseel?
The current focus is building quality teams to help drive the growth and take Al Aseel to the next level, and pioneer the Al Aseel brand to share the delicacy of the Lebanese cuisine and hospitality without borders, with a focus on operational excellence. Join a growing, successful business and be a part of the next stage of our adventure.
We are currently recruiting for an energetic and passionate cook to join our growing Al Aseel teams in all locations.
The position can be either on a full-time or casual basis, with either morning or evening shifts.
Your key duties and responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check the quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
Who you are?
Skillset and Experience
- Availability on both weekdays and weekends
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of Middle Eastern Cuisine desirable but not essential
- Qualifications in Commercial Cookery required
If you believe this is the next role for you, then please get in touch with us today with your cover letter and resume. Our Team and Talent will be in touch if you are successful to the next stages of our process.